Throughout its history, CredAbility has provided information and expert resources to the news media to build awareness of financial management issues affecting the people of our community and the nation. Here you will find essential information about our agency and our services. For more answers or requests, please reach out to our media contacts.
- CredAbility is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit community-service agency that provides confidential budget counseling, money management education, debt management programs, bankruptcy counseling and education and comprehensive housing counseling.
- Our mission and main focus is to help people in financial distress move from crisis to control, by providing compassionate service and innovative, yet practical solutions. We see ourselves as a financial emergency room, creating hope and inspiring lasting change.
- Consumers can speak to counselors in English and Spanish, 24/7 by phone at 800.251.2227. Plus, they can access the agency’s Web site, www.CredAbility.org to chat live with counselors and access information about all of the agency’s services. The agency’s Web site also provides free, interactive seminars and other online education courses through CredAbilityU.
- CredAbility provides in-person counseling in five states across the southeastern US.
- Our agency is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients. We ensure that all information shared both orally and in writing is held in the strictest confidence.
- CredAbility counselors are college graduates and financial specialists who come to us from careers in the private sector. We cross-train our team continually through our lines of service. Plus, each counselor must pass a series of tests to become and remain certified.