Our legacy of compassionate service and innovative solutions stands apart.
In the field of financial counseling, people have many choices. But few counseling agencies have been trusted for so long, by so many people, as CredAbility. Since 1964, we have provided dedicated, compassionate care, helping millions of people move successfully from crisis to control.
Here are a few reasons why we stand apart:
- Integrity – Regular third-party reviews are critical to assuring that the agency's activities are aligned with its mission.
- Accreditation by COA - CredAbility is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) of Children and Family Services, a nationally-recognized accrediting body for a wide variety of human services organizations. The council’s process is centered around an independent third-party review of agency policies, procedures and operations.
- NFCC Membership - CredAbility has a voluntarily affiliation with the NFCC. As a condition of membership, the agency is required to meet standards that include COA accreditation, certification of counselors, annual audits of operating and trust accounts, and boards that are representative of the communities the agency serves. The president and board chair are required to sign an annual statement of compliance that the agency is meeting all required standards.
- HUD Certified for Housing - CredAbility is the largest US Department of Housing and Urban Development-certified agency in the state of Georgia, and among the largest in the nation. Every two years, representatives of HUD visit the agency’s offices to conduct a comprehensive review of program and case files. The agency consistently meets HUD requirements and has passed all HUD audits. In 2009, CredAbility was named as a national intermediary by HUD.
- US Trustee - CredAbility is approved to issue certificates in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of an Agency's services.
- State Licensing - CredAbility is registered in all 50 states and licensed to do business in all states where clients are solicited. Several states conduct regular on-site audits of the agency’s operations as a condition of providing services to their residents. In addition, the agency’s Compliance Department conducts internal audits of compliance with state laws which are reported to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Financial Audits - Each year we engage an outside CPA firm to conduct independent financial audits of both our trust and operating accounts. Outside auditors report directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Technology Audits - We engage an outside firm each year to assess internal and external vulnerabilities in the agency’s technology infrastructure and operating practices. The results are reviewed by the Information Technology Committee of the Board and reported to the full Board of Directors annually. In addition, we also conduct internal technology audits and security testing to protect our networks and data from unauthorized access.
- Dedication - We demonstrate our ongoing commitment to the community through extensive local partnerships and outreach initiatives, plus broad-reaching partnerships with the United Way, Homeownership Preservation Foundation and other respected organizations. Also, we earned accreditation from the National Foundation for Credit Counseling and the Council on Accreditation for Children and Family Services.
- Expertise – Our counselors are college graduates and financial specialists who often come to us from careers in the private sector. We provide them with regular training, and each counselor must pass a series of tests to become and remain certified.
- Convenience - CredAbility counselors are available nationwide to help you 24/7, online and by phone—in both English and Spanish. We also offer in-person counseling at 25 offices in Georgia, Florida, Mississippi and Tennessee.
- Comprehensive - CredAbility provides expert services to meet a wide variety of personal financial needs, including budget and debt counseling, debt management plans, housing counseling (including pre-purchase, foreclosure prevention and reverse mortgage counseling), as well as bankruptcy counseling and education. Combined with the courses offered in CredAbilityU, our online financial education resource, CredAbility is uniquely positioned to provide expert assistance to your personal financial needs.
- Results - We are dedicated to measurement and research, and frequently publish outcome data to validate the effectiveness of our work.
CredAbility counselors are available 24/7 by telephone and online to listen and answer your questions, in both English and Spanish. To speak with a counselor now and schedule an in-person appointment, call 800.251.2227 or