I can help you learn more about bankruptcy information.
Our debtor education course will prepare you for a new beginning.
Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy Information
Required by law, before your bankruptcy case can be discharged- which means debts included in the bankruptcy are no longer considered collectible- you must complete Pre-Discharge bankruptcy education. This course lasts two hours. Topics covered include:
- Setting realistic financial goals
- Understanding your credit report
- Obtaining or re-establishing credit
- Managing budgets
- And more
Again, this course is required and only available to individuals who have already filed for personal bankruptcy. To enroll in this class you must provide your case number.
The Pre-Discharge bankruptcy education class is available online, by telephone or in person, in select areas.
- Online classes are accessible on this site 24/7. To get started click on “Start an online session” above.
- Telephone classes are conducted Tuesday and Friday from 10AM – 12PM ET. To register, call 866.672.2227
- To find out if an in-person class is available in your area call 866.672.2227 for schedules and locations.
How to Prepare for your Counseling Session
We strongly recommend that you watch this video to understand what documents you will need to have available, and how to get the most value from your counseling session.